Believe it or not, OKAPS is not an acronym for
O.K.
A post would be nice,
Promise to do it
Soon
Over the past few months our lives have revovled around these five little letters. During residency Steven has the task of preparing for and taking an extensive exam each April of his three year residency entitled OKAPS.
It's not something new for us to have Steven studying but due to the April exam however, around January, the usual studying becomes increasingly intensified until that fabulous day in April arrives. I call this day fabulous because many things happen at once. First, you get your hubby back and head out on that long awaited date. Next, your children get their, "wrestling/airplane" buddy back. Lastly, and best of all, the entire family returns to their less complicated and relaxed schedule.
I guess one of the beauties of life is that everything experienced becomes a teaching moment or reminder. I am so grateful for a wise Heavenly Father who understands the importance of both husband and wife. A fathers influence is tremendous. While our children may not have noticed Dad's increased absence due to the beautiful weather we have been enjoying, the "tag-team" help he offers mother is an incredible blessing not to be overlooked!
With a little extra time now on my hands I am more than happy to update the family blog with various Ballard happenings that have taken place over the past few weeks.