This past Christmas Kadyn heard the violin being played during a concert at our church. I saw her shift in the chair and as I glanced over noticed a light of excitement appear in her eyes. This was a big deal to observe in Kadyn. While she can surprise you with moments of great independence she is definitely the child who stays close to Mom, and in regards to new activities ventures no further than, "If Ryley's doing it, I will too". When I observed this reaction of excitement toward the violin I knew I must take action. She is most excited to begin piano lessons (Of course - Ryley is doing it) but since we are waiting to begin formal lessons around mid mark of kindergarten, I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce a new instrument to our family, while at the same time offering Kadyn something unique of her very own.
She has taken for seven weeks now and her favorite activity currently is attempting to "trick" Dad by playing various bow changes and having him guess their names.