Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cherish Childhood

We are excited to have recently become the newest entry in the tooth fairies address book. Apparently Ryley's baby teeth really enjoy their current location because not a single one has decided to leave, and all of them are planted like steel. Last week however when an adult tooth was discovered making it's way quickly up behind a baby one the dentist decide to assist Ryley a bit and pull it.
She quickly learned the benefits of loosing teeth when a generous fairy left five gold dollar coins under her pillow. I would say she is pretty lucky with that reward seeing as the evening prior she returned to her questioning on the validity of such individuals. As with last Christmas we once again were asked questions of doubt such as, "I wonder if this is all legend?", and "Mom, are you the one who leaves the money"? I sat Ryley near and said, "Sweetheart, don't worry about how things happen. Just enjoy the magic and wonder of childhood while your still so young."
Ryley was happy with that answer, and I was happy that our eldest is still young enough to enjoy the simpleness of being a child.