Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weekend Whereabouts

It was a busy but fun weekend. Steven and I attended a residency gathering on Thursday evening. While the three eldest kids had fun with a sitter,Haley accompanied us downtown to a nice dinner.

I had a great time with girls from our church on Friday. Like most other girls around the United States, we too, went out to dinner and then hurried, with excitement, to the movie theatre. Like most other girls around the United States, we too, were SO very excited to finally be able to see the nation wide release of......... "Bolt"! J.K. Of course. We went to see Twilight and had a wonderful evening doing so. Thanks ladies.

Saturday was fun and relaxing. That evening the kids played at a friends house while we stopped by a home filled with BYU alumni who were eagerly anticipating the upcoming game. Steven loves watching his "Cougs", but if they are falling behind he also loves turning the game off and focusing his energies on something else. Therefore, we happily left at half time, picked up the kiddos, and returned home for a night of board games and treats.

Sunday was wonderful as usual. This past Sunday I endured something never tried before. Steven got called out to the hospital and I survived church all by myself with four children. I had been nervous for this experience but as I think back now realize how silly that was. The kids did a great job.

Monday morning Steven got exciting news that all surgeries and appointments were being held off until the following day. Something about a gas leak. While a gas leak of course is not exciting news, it happened to be the morning of Ryley's Thanksgiving play at school. With all the planets now properly aligned Steven was able to attend with me.

We hope you all have a fantastic holiday. What a wonderful opportunity to come together as family and friends in celebration of those who came before us and all of the wonderful blessings our Heavenly Father has bestowed upon us.

Happy Thanksgiving!






What appears to be a random picture is actually "Trevor Turkey". He has become quite a tradition in our home.