Nevertheless, time moves on regardless. Ryley is growing up into a fantastic young lady and we thank Heavenly Father each day for her sweet smile and spirit.
For her birthday this year she chose to celebrate by doing activities we could enjoy as a family. We started the weekend with ordering her favorite take out on Friday evening. On Saturday we had a great day at the zoo. We took along a picnic from Subway and Ryley got to pick something from the gift shop. (Ten dollars says that Kadyn chooses this same activity for her birthday - it was really fun). That night Steven took Ryley and Kadyn to see Kung Fu Panda. This was a gift to both Ryley and I seeing as the youngest two were blissfully sleeping, thus giving Mom an evening to relax. Monday Steven came home from the hospital in early afternoon, and let's face it - during residency THAT is a gift in and of itself! I put the girls in the car and together we headed for the skating rink where they enjoyed their first experience on roller skates. I was very impressed with their endurance levels. We all fell quite frequently, and I thought with time it would damper their enthusiasm, but with every fall they got right back up and kept on going. It was a fun experience. Tuesday we took it easy and after playing all morning here they spent the afternoon playing with the neighbors while I made her cake of choice. Ryley LOVES animals, especially horses. I wasn't quite sure I could pull it off but she was very happy with it and that's all that mattered. It was a great weekend of celebration for a great little seven year old. Happy Birthday Ryley. We LOVE you!