Monday, September 15, 2008

Marvelous Mom's

Believe it or not the picture below is not of baby items received at a shower, but rather, items that have recently arrived in the mail from my Mom. She is always thrilled to hear news of a new grandchild arriving but in the final few months she gets increasingly more excited and apprehensive. She, along with my wonderful mother in law, both call after each and every check up to see how things went. Over the past few weeks however I would receive an additional call from my mom later that day from "Babies R Us" to tell me about all of the wonderful things she was finding. I guess that should have been my first clue but I didn't think you could prepare that well without knowing the gender. I explained that she really didn't have to worry about anything until we see if it's a boy or girl and her reply then was, "Don't worry, once we know the gender we'll really go shopping."


Believe it or not the picture below that is what filled the second box that arrived. I have prepared surprise "gift bags" from the baby for Ryley, Kadyn, and Thatcher to receive when they come to visit me at the hospital. Each tote bag has their name on it and is filled with games and toys to occupy them while Mommy is away. My mom asked if she could help with filling the bags and boy did she ever! I'm not sure the kids will even notice I'm gone with all of this to keep them busy. The cute thing is knowing that Grandma will be just as excited as the kids to run home from the hospital in order to play with their new things.