The fair came to town recently so on Saturday we headed there with the kids and had a fantastic day. They had great rides for their heights and ages and fun additional attractions as well. There were many rides to choose from but after awhile the girls had "favorites" and rode the same things over and over again. They had a great time and already are asking when the fair will return again. On the way home Steven and I were excited to discover a "Wing Stop" restaurant. They had one in Colorado Springs and we missed it a great deal, so, while he put the kids to bed I snuck back down and grabbed us some yummy food and we ended the evening with a movie and a great meal.
Monday morning we were awakened early by the pitter patter of footsteps. Thatcher had successfully completed his first night sleeping in a "big boy bed". He didn't get out of bed once the entire night. Now we just need to teach him the importance of staying in the bed past 6 AM. The kids played quietly allowing us to rest a little longer and after enjoying breakfast (Steven makes awesome waffles) we got the kids ready and headed out the door for a day at the zoo. As always we had a great time there. We forgot our camera this trip but if you'd like to see zoo pics feel free to look back at our numerous other entries. I have yet to show a picture of the hippopotamus catching and devouring an entire watermelon in an instant so next time I'll try to capture that moment.
It was a relaxing and enjoyable holiday weekend and typically disappointing to wake up the day after and return to more mundane endeavors. I guess when you really think about it that's what makes holidays so special.