Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Live and Learn

One thing we do a lot of in the Ballard home is arts and crafts. Each day is a toss up between play dough, paints, stamps, chalk art, drawing, finger painting etc.... You would think I had learned my lesson with young children painting without adult supervision, but alas I had not. Might I add that the lack of supervision in each case was stepping out of the room for no more than two minutes so as to take care of something in another room. I knew there was trouble in Ryley and Kadyn's case when I could hear large amounts of giggling from my bedroom. I thought, "paints and giggling cannot be a good thing". As I turned the corner I saw Ryley's hand coming down upon her sister for another chance at "creating" more art. I said, "Freeze you two". They immediatly froze and probably assumed they were in trouble until I ran from the room and returned with the camera. There are some moments you just can't waste.

Thatcher on the other hand did his artistic work all on his own and I must say for even less than two minutes in his case, he did an exceptional job! Oh well, I guess we live and learn.

Two years ago

Present day