Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Ballard Birthday

Steven turned 33 this week. When he got home from work we had a fun family party with dinner, dessert, and presents. When the girls were born he gave each one a nickname that would be for just him and her. Ryley is his peach and Kadyn his pumpkin. Thatch is his buddy (or pal to stick with p's) but buddy has become a family favorite for all to use. Steven loves pies so in honor of their nicknames Ryley made a peach and Kadyn a pumkin pie. We also made Mom Ballard's apple pie which is one of his very favorites. It was a great night.

I can't let this "birthday post opportunity" pass without saying this. He is the only boy of seven and came on his mother's birthday. His dad has to be the best example of how to be a great husband because Steven is just that. From his mom, with the help of six sisters, he must have learned about kindness, patience, and understanding because they are a few of his strongest qualities. He's "Best Dad Ever" to his three little one's.

After losing my own dad I realized two things. First, with how fast life can go it is important to make the most of each day with those you love. Second, I realized even more just how lucky I am to have such an amazing man by my side because he not only makes each day on this earth a better experience, but no matter how fast this life may go I have been given him for eternity.

Happy Birthday Steven. We love you!