Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sundays View

When Steven and I made our first visit to Memphis we discovered immediately the one thing that would become our greatest blessing during the three years of our time here. We fully understand that living within five minutes from a temple, let alone having it join the church buildings parking lot, is something few experience. Having said that, the photo below is a view of what I see each Sunday afternoon when I glance out the door of our Sunday School room.

With the many opportunities we are able to experience with this sacred building only minutes from our home, this past Wednesday has been one that continues to stay fresh in my mind. Family history continues to grow increasingly in my heart. I had come to a wall however on my fathers side and wouldn't have known how to proceed if it weren't for some amazing individuals at the family history center. With their help I have had more success in gathering family names and was able to catch something very important that had been overlooked. While everything else had been completed for the first generation out on my fathers side, his sister, and only sibling, had not been sealed. Wednesday evening we were able to complete that important oversight. The spirit in the room was one I cannot explain and has left me with an intense drive to efficiently complete more. I know when we move from here seeing the temple out the Sunday School door and having it five minutes down the street, will most likely become a wonderful memory of our past. I am so very grateful however that families and temple blessings are forever.