Sunday, March 1, 2009

Missing my quadrennial anniversary

On Feb 29, 2000, Lynette Darden agreed to marry me. There was no hesitation or reluctance in her answer, believe it or not! I don't know what possessed her to do so, but I have been blessed ever since. She has been a more amazing wife and mother than I could have ever imagined. She is patient in raising our children, and even more patient in her handling of me. In her loving arms I have become a little more patient, a little more understanding, and (hopefully) a little more responsible than that day when she put an engagement ring on her finger and decided she would tie her fate to mine for all eternity. The fact that she actually went through with it is equally amazing!

I just wanted everybody to know that I know what you already know- She is awesome. (You should also know she is probably incredibly embarrassed that I am posting this!)

This day only exists every four years- and this year isn't one of them. Despite the fact that it is like waiting for Brigadoon, I still wanted to say; Happy belated, but not really, kind of imaginary, randomly celebrated engagement anniversary Lynette! I would ask you again everyday! Here's hoping you will always want to say yes- even if I still leave clothes strewn on the floor :)