Hello everyone. We finished off last week with swimming each day and preparing for the start of school. On Friday evening Steven and I attended a medical benefit downtown. It was fun to get all dressed up and enjoy a relaxing night out.
Ryley started first grade on Monday. She got a really great teacher and is loving it already. She wakes me up each morning around 6:45AM dressed and ready to go. It's fun to see her excitement - I'm sure it's like this from now throughout high school, right?!
Soccer practice started this week as well. This year we talked Kadyn into giving it a try also. She appears to be timid but that little girl is quite a go getter. When Ryley wrestles Dad she's in it for the fun, when Kadyn wrestles Dad, she's in it for the fun and the win. It's been exciting to watch them play and interact with their teams.
There is a good reason there are no pictures to view of the above mentioned events. While I have been experiencing some major "nesting" moments it seems I have rubbed off onto Steven who must be experiencing "sympathy nesting" as well. I wonder if that's medically possible? Anyhow, his sympathy nesting has been much more exciting than mine. While I find it comforting to relax in our home that's been sanitized from top to bottom again and again, Steven has caught the shopping bug. My sister would be so proud. Don't get me wrong. We haven't gone crazy by any means. It has been fun however to complete our bedroom and Steven finally made the long awaited plunge into buying himself an iMac. It's been fun to use thus far. The kids have loved talking to Grandma and Grandpa Ballard and actually being able to see them face to face via the computer and I love how easy it will make editing pictures and video. Thus, stay tuned for Steven to add the software and Lynette to figure out what in the world she is doing.