Ryley and Kadyn loved every minute, and for a three-hour show, that's a lot of minutes! They could not take their eyes off the stage and tried to take in each little thing that was happening all around the set. At the end of the performance they walked into the hall and waited for 15 minutes for "Belle" and "The Beast" to change and come down stairs. It was funny to watch their reactions as different "characters" came out the door, and even though they were back in regular clothes, the girls knew immediately who each one was and together would giggle and say, "oh, that was Chip", or "he was the bad guy". When Belle and the Beast came out they waved and asked for a picture. I know it must have been a long day for these students but they were so nice and more than happy to answer questions and take pictures. I was grateful for their kindness to my little ones who thought it was the best thing ever to finally meet "Beauty" and "The Beast".
“Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way” -Sheri L. Dew
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Girls Night Out
When I got sick at the start of last week my ultimate goal was to be better by the weekend due to some very important plans I had made. It took all week to slowly regain my health and strength but luckily by the weekend I was well enough to attend our girls night out. A local high school theatre company was performing "Beauty and the Beast" and Ryley, Kadyn, and I had front row seats. It was incredible too. I hesitate in even mentioning "high school" because there was nothing "high school" about it and truly it was one of the most amazing productions I have ever seen on a local level. The talent, the costumes, the live orchestra, the special effects, the sets; it was awesome!
Ryley and Kadyn loved every minute, and for a three-hour show, that's a lot of minutes! They could not take their eyes off the stage and tried to take in each little thing that was happening all around the set. At the end of the performance they walked into the hall and waited for 15 minutes for "Belle" and "The Beast" to change and come down stairs. It was funny to watch their reactions as different "characters" came out the door, and even though they were back in regular clothes, the girls knew immediately who each one was and together would giggle and say, "oh, that was Chip", or "he was the bad guy". When Belle and the Beast came out they waved and asked for a picture. I know it must have been a long day for these students but they were so nice and more than happy to answer questions and take pictures. I was grateful for their kindness to my little ones who thought it was the best thing ever to finally meet "Beauty" and "The Beast".
Ryley and Kadyn loved every minute, and for a three-hour show, that's a lot of minutes! They could not take their eyes off the stage and tried to take in each little thing that was happening all around the set. At the end of the performance they walked into the hall and waited for 15 minutes for "Belle" and "The Beast" to change and come down stairs. It was funny to watch their reactions as different "characters" came out the door, and even though they were back in regular clothes, the girls knew immediately who each one was and together would giggle and say, "oh, that was Chip", or "he was the bad guy". When Belle and the Beast came out they waved and asked for a picture. I know it must have been a long day for these students but they were so nice and more than happy to answer questions and take pictures. I was grateful for their kindness to my little ones who thought it was the best thing ever to finally meet "Beauty" and "The Beast".