The firemen were telling us stories about the crazy and humorous calls they receive from individuals and I bowed my head in shame remembering not to long ago that I was one of them. I accidentally locked Kadyn in the car when she was nine months or so. It was early in the morning so the temperature wasn't bad and looking back I could have just as easily called Steven at the hospital and had him come unlock the door, but did I do that? Nope, I immediately dialed 911 and dramatically explained how my child was locked in the car. Within minutes you could hear the sirens a few blocks away, that continued to get louder until the fire truck pulled up to our house. The entire time I am frantically peeking through the windows to check on her while she giggles uncontrollably thinking that Mommy is playing a very funny game. Oh well, you live you learn. (I think I say that alot - it may have to become my life's theme!)
“Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way” -Sheri L. Dew
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Fire House Fieldtrip
We have continued to enjoy the warm weather throughout this week. On Monday our playgroup went to the fire station. Kadyn loved climbing around in the truck and thought it was so funny when the fireman began demonstrating the stop, drop, and roll technique. Thatcher was not excited about climbing into the truck but was gracious enough to sit on the front fender to take a picture.
The firemen were telling us stories about the crazy and humorous calls they receive from individuals and I bowed my head in shame remembering not to long ago that I was one of them. I accidentally locked Kadyn in the car when she was nine months or so. It was early in the morning so the temperature wasn't bad and looking back I could have just as easily called Steven at the hospital and had him come unlock the door, but did I do that? Nope, I immediately dialed 911 and dramatically explained how my child was locked in the car. Within minutes you could hear the sirens a few blocks away, that continued to get louder until the fire truck pulled up to our house. The entire time I am frantically peeking through the windows to check on her while she giggles uncontrollably thinking that Mommy is playing a very funny game. Oh well, you live you learn. (I think I say that alot - it may have to become my life's theme!)

The firemen were telling us stories about the crazy and humorous calls they receive from individuals and I bowed my head in shame remembering not to long ago that I was one of them. I accidentally locked Kadyn in the car when she was nine months or so. It was early in the morning so the temperature wasn't bad and looking back I could have just as easily called Steven at the hospital and had him come unlock the door, but did I do that? Nope, I immediately dialed 911 and dramatically explained how my child was locked in the car. Within minutes you could hear the sirens a few blocks away, that continued to get louder until the fire truck pulled up to our house. The entire time I am frantically peeking through the windows to check on her while she giggles uncontrollably thinking that Mommy is playing a very funny game. Oh well, you live you learn. (I think I say that alot - it may have to become my life's theme!)