Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Clarification and Addition

A friend kindly posted a comment with the phrase "super mom" attached. It got me thinking about the way moms are perceived by the general public.

In my personal experience, there is a phenomenon that takes place (if you live anywhere outside of Utah or Idaho) where if you enter a store or building with more than 2.5 children you are suddenly bombarded with comments and questions that usually go something like this:

"Wow, you have your hands full"

"Boy, I'd be going crazy if I were you"

Or my personal favorite lately- "You're having another one?!"

In most cases all comments are made with humor and kindness, and there's no doubt my little ones love the attention. Nevertheless, it's a very odd thing that takes place almost daily. Now, this could very well be a personal experience that just happens to me (perhaps I look the part of a "frazzled, hair in pony tail, can't find my grocery list" mom), but I'm choosing to believe this is a common occurrence with others out there as well.

Therefore, I must say that I believe the title "super mom" applies to anyone that has the ability to juggle more than one child at a time.

So for all you caregivers out there, there is no better time of year than now to proclaim you are all "super moms"


(WARNING: TWILIGHT AND HARRY POTTER SPOILERS BELOW)
In addition, another friend posted a link on her website to the trailer for Twilight!I know ladies, no film in this world could compete with your own personal imagination and bring the emotions that one receives when collapsing on the forest floor when Edward leaves while every moment waiting for him to return, or walking by yourself into the wilderness to face Voldomort one last time, all the while your loved ones from beyond following near by to remind you of their love and that you're never truly alone. (I bawled during that part)

While those feelings can never truly be re-created I did think that the trailer looked pretty decent, and perhaps if we enter the theatre with a optimistic and positive attitude we may be able to enjoy a descent chick flick, with that large tub of buttered popcorn being a definite bonus as well!

(Trailer below)

http://www.twilightthemovie.com/