“Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way” -Sheri L. Dew
Monday, February 4, 2008
Game Day Grouchies
Our little ones have, unfortunately, been sick for the past few weeks. We taught them to share things so well that they decided to make us proud by passing on their illness from one to another. Now, I'm not complaining. If anything, I've realized how rarely they get sick and how blessed we have been this winter to be so healthy. Having said that, Ryley stayed home from school one day last week in efforts to recover, and in my efforts to keep them all happily occupied we had our first annual "Game Day". Those of you who know us well know we LOVE games. You can't beat a good game of Candyland or Hungry Hippos each day. It was very fun but I did find that by the end of the day I was a little grouchy inside. That feeling doesn't happen real frequently so when Steven came home and asked how my day was I honestly replied "I'm feeling a bit grouchy inside today". After going upstairs and seeing the room filled with games he said, "Well, if I played all those games in one day I would be grouchy too". That made me feel better, and the fun moments of our first annual game day made it all worth it.