Military discounts and summer clearance sales have already offered us many fun times at a great price. Our kiddos have benefited greatly from this particular move when dealing with the topic of summer break. Missouri schools let out two weeks ahead of most East Coast schools, so technically these little munchkins will receive four "extra" weeks of summer vacation. August 27th is their first day here, and I must admit, that sounds more correct to me than any other starting date. When I was little we always returned after Labor Day - and now it seems as though each year they head back one week earlier. These "bonus" weeks couldn't have come at a better moment either. Since a few weeks were spent devoted to a move and putting our new home together, we are grateful for the extra time and are determined to make the most of it!
By the way, the bottom pic is one with the kids posing during a Ballard Family dance off. It's my favorite by far! Love their faces and intensity. Just wait 'til I post the video! :)










