Monday, August 6, 2012

Myrtle Beach

We headed for the coast this past Saturday and enjoyed an evening at the beach. With no traffic the trip takes exactly two hours, and since dogs are allowed to join in the fun at five, we packed up the kiddos and puppy at three on the dot and began our journey. We enjoyed a warm ocean and beautiful sunset, then grabbed some dinner and headed for home. We weren't quite sure how this experience would play out but found ourselves pleasantly surprised. Raxtus (and a few of the kids) slept both ways of the trip - and we all loved the ocean and had a fantastic four hours running and filling buckets from the dollar store. I would say the only downfall would be Azure and Raxtus wanting to eat the sand! The fact that Steven and I were still smiling at 11pm as he bathed kids upstairs and I bathed our puppy on the back porch must be solid proof that the trip was a great success.