Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fairs And Fathers

With summer fast approaching and the school year soon to end (yea!!) there are many activities keeping the Ballard family busy. Marlatt Elementary held their annual fair and the kids had a blast. Every room in the school had a different game or activity, with the outside being filled with rides and additional games. The cafeteria was filled with food and baskets that various classes were auctioning off and every ten minutes they gave away gift certificates and prizes. By the end of the evening the Ballard clan walked away with a dozen cupcakes, flowers, and coupons for free pizza hut breadsticks and a meal at Chilie's. Not bad for a few hours of fun and games.

Our church also held their annual father and son's campout which Steven and Thatcher enjoyed together. With great excitment they packed the car and headed for a lake about twenty minutes outside of town. I'm pretty sure Thatcher was in heaven during the entire adventure. When they arrived home I asked Thatch what his favorite part of the campout was. He said "skipping rocks on the lake and making smores". I also asked him what his least favorite part of the campout was. It took him a long time to even come up with an answer but he finally replied, "going to sleep". Talk of the next father and sons campout has already begun and I'm quite certain that both Ballard boys are ready to go. I can't fail to mention that the Ballard girls had a lovely evening as well that started with friends and food and ended with a "campout" snuggled warm and cozy in Mom and Dad's soft king sized bed. When Mom is this pregnant, it's the only way to camp!