A week ago a friend and I were talking about the kids upcoming break. Her husband was going to be out of town and my husband is MIA while studying for his upcoming board exams. We began discussing all of the fun things that Kansas City has to offer, and by the end of our conversation we had planned a two day overnight trip complete with fun restaurants, wonderful shopping malls, and an indoor water park. We kept it a secret from the kiddos until Wednesday evening when I began to pack the suitcase. I explained to the girls what a huge undertaking this would be for Mom since we had never before ventured on an overnighter without Dad and that I would need their help more than ever. Bottom line, they were fantastic! I couldn't have asked for kiddos who were more well-mannered and willing to help at Mom's first sign of need. My friend and her daughters were also amazingly helpful and kind in assisting me. With the exception of our missing hubbies it was by far one of the best "quick trips" we have ever taken. The best part of all, Steven's board exams are over tomorrow!




















