Thursday, March 3, 2011

The "Nesting" War

Our van has been through some pretty intense treatment over the past year. The three long road trips alone were enough to "bang" it up a bit, not to mention the daily wear and tear of driving four children to various activities and outings. When it truly couldn't get any worse I would clean it out the best I could and for a while that was enough.

Recently however the "nesting" phase of pregnancy kicked in. You scrub, clean out, and disinfect every inch and corner of your home and when that is complete you begin the whole process over again. The cleanliness issues of our van however laid on an entirely different level of disgusting. Each day I would climb in the car, my nesting instincts raging, and pray we could make it from point A to point B safely with my eyes shut tight. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the van to look as clean as I needed the van to look. Perhaps my expanding belly and not being able to maneuver well between seats was a contributing factor. What ever the cause I knew I had to take action immediately. My saving answer? Google "car cleaning" and let the wonderful, talented, incredibly brilliant people at "Showroom Shine" have a go at our poor mistreated van. Seven hours later, yes - a full seven in the detailing area, I returned to pick up my "showroom shined" vehicle.

I am so excited I could scream. I know your not suppose to love material possessions but at this moment........I do! I find myself going out to the garage only to sit in my newly cleaned vehicle and take in the wonderful leather scent and carpets I could eat off of. I know it won't last forever. I know eventually I'll have to face reality and allow some leniency with certain items.....like children. For now though, in this brief moment of time........not a crumb, cracker, or fruit snack stands between me and my nesting enjoyment. Life is good!