Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thatchers Taekwondo

We would like to announce that Thatcher Steven Ballard has now earned the rank of white belt in his Tiny Tigers Taekwondo class. Alright, everyone gets the white belt when they start the class, but truly, Thatcher wears his white belt with all the ferociousness and might of a tiny tiger.

He was pretty sad when the news came that the girls would soon be heading back to school. Due to this we thought he should try out some activities of his very own. Since they don't offer sports for his age we signed him up for the next most "boyish" activity we could think of. The manager asked me what Steven and I would like for Thatcher to get out of his experience in Taekwondo. I said, "We just want him to have fun. I guess it would be nice for him to get out a few wiggles too." It's been a great experience for him thus far and in just a few weeks his attention span and ability to yell "Yes sir" has taken a dramatic turn. He has a pretty impressive side kick too.