Steven and I love date night. It's our moment to get out and enjoy one another as husband and wife, rather than "Wow, how many kids are you going to have?"
The Manhattan area is quite different when it comes to restaurant options . . . which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a new thing. It appears the Olive Garden is about as upscale as it gets here (which we do enjoy) or the newly built BBQ place (which is hard to get excited for after moving from a BBQ capitol).
Being short on eating options however has made us look elsewhere for date night possibilities. We recently found a Racquetball Club not five minutes from our home. On Friday night we were the only ones there- the manager told us that weekends are always dead and invited us to come and play as much as we wanted. I fully understood that this new experience would play out much like the time Steven and I went snowboarding, with Steven flying down the hill and me close behind - on my backside. As always he was a great teacher. So good in fact, I even won a few games myself (or maybe he let me). Either way, it was a blast learning to play what will surely become our new date night hobby.
