Monday, April 26, 2010

Spinach Can Soothe The Soul

Smoothie season is upon us and I have utilized this machine more than ever.
I am currently participating in an eight week challenge of health to better one's mind, body, and spirit. It has been an amazing experience for me and couldn't have come at a better moment in life as the stresses and trials of selling our home were about to overtake me. :)
I was in desperate need of drawing my attentions to more important and uplifting avenues and this challenge has brought all things back into their proper perspective - and I'm only on week four!

Don't let the color of the above smoothie fool you either.
It delicious in it's taste, and if you don't believe me we have four children under the age of eight who suck it down in all it's entirety and then proceed to beg for more. There are a number of great smoothie recipes too, all of which you can add a few handfuls of fresh spinach, and no kid will be the wiser.

Spinach Smoothie Recipe
Baby Spinach stacked to the top of the blender - just pile it in.
1/2 Can of Pineapple (*in pineapple juice, not syrup)
1 Banana
1 Cup Water/Pineapple Juice
1 Cup Ice (or you can freeze the banana/pineapple and skip the ice)
Sprinkle in a little Splenda
Enjoy!