Monday, June 29, 2009

Same Old and Skating

We have enjoyed a relaxing few weeks filled mostly with our usual summer activities. With 98 degree temperatures plus humidity we have been lazy at the pool, checked out a meek and humble dinosaur museum - but the kiddos loved it, hit the zoo, and once again gave roller skating a go. I'm lacking in pictures due to my fear of juggling all four at a skating rink but once we arrived I knew I made a mistake in leaving the camera behind. This time we drove to a town about 45 minutes away to try their brand new skating rink and may I say it was well worth it. There were only six children in the entire building - and that included our four. The area not only had a huge skating floor but also included a playground just adjacent to it. It was a great set up for Thatcher's needs and while I couldn't talk him into strapping on skates he had a great time "rescuing" his sisters from the floor whenever they would fall.