Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Facebook Vs. Blog

My blogging abilities lately have not been quite what they used to be. Some individuals introduced Steven and I to a new site called "Facebook". We've had a great time reconnecting with friends from our past, including families from Steven's mission, and thus have slacked off a bit in updating the blog. Blend that in with how fast time flies and I don't even realize how long I've gone without posting until I recieve a call or two from family members asking for a blog update. January for us also seems to be a very random month of posting. It's often so cold outside that our means of entertainment come down to board games, reading, or running around at the mall playground. I wasn't quite sure if that was "blog worthy" material. Therefore, we don't have many big happenings to share, just a lot of little random happenings scattered throughout.

Last weekend we got a sitter for Thatch and Haley while the girls accompanied Steven and I on a date. We went to the movies and enjoyed a quiet dinner at Red Robin. It was a lot of fun. I'll admit though, when half way through dinner the girls mentioned how much they missed brother and sister my heart swelled. (I'm sure the the greasy onion rings had something to do with that as well.)
We had one day where snow appeared in the sky and even accumulated a little on the grass. Kadyn and Thatcher were daring enough to go outside for a picture, but that's about it. The next day as the weather reached into the 60's we immediately headed outside for some fresh air. I don't know about your kids but there is nothing our girls want more than a dog. We have explained that perhaps one day an outside dog may very well fit into the family, but for now we are excited that the neighbors dogs seem to fill that void in their lives. They play with "King" as often as possible, get him food and water, and have been given a jar of doggie treats to offer whenever they'd like.

On Friday we headed for the park as temperatures hit near 70. We love to play tag and during this particular game I received a new compliment. "Wow Mom. You're a lot faster and can actually catch us when you don't have a big baby belly". Saturday Steven took all the girls to a baptism. Issac is their very good friend and the first in Ryley's class to be baptized. They had a great experience - as this was the first time they had seen a close friend being baptized.
Thatcher and I ran errands, which included a great couponing run totaling $3. (This will be my last post on this - promise) The remainder of our weekend was well spent just relaxing.