Thursday, December 21, 2017

Amazing Azure

The school called. I picked up my phone thinking it would be the nurse calling with Haley's numbers for the day. Instead it was the assistant principal who asked me very calmly if I could join them at the school because Azure had hit her head really bad on a picnic bench. He didn't know the extent of the injury just yet, but 911 was on their way to assess the situation and if I could come and join them that would be great. I just happen to be two minutes down the road already in the car so I sped up a little faster and ran into the school. Azure was sitting on the teachers lap with a cloth on her head. They placed her in my arms and when emergency crews showed up a few minutes later they highly recommended I take her straight to the Emergency Room. I drove down the street and pulled into the ER where one of our closest friends just happens to work. They did a fantastic job. A boat load of numbing medicine and nine stitches later and we were heading home good to go. Azure was such a tough little trooper during a very scary and gross few hours. I commend her for being so brave a relying on Heavenly Father to calm and comfort her.