Monday, May 6, 2013

8 Weeks Later......

Eight weeks ago the eldest gals both decided to sign up for a club that interested them. Ryley picked "Chorus and Drama", Kadyn picked "GoFar". They both had great experiences. Ryley landed a solo and was even given the chance to write part of the script. Since many of the children have deployed parents they also included a hero's salute. It was very sweet and touching. I have lots of video with Ryley's performance, but every one of the pictures came out fuzzy since they were movin' and grovin' the entire hour. Luckily I got one last shot as we left the school and headed for a "job well done" treat at FroYo! 
Kadyn trained three days a week (two at school with a coach, one at home on Saturdays) in hopes of running a 5k without stopping. Did she succeed? For sure! She was awesome. Steven and I ran right along side her for moral support. To make it more interesting, Steven would pick out random people ahead of us and we'd make goals to pass them by a certain time or distance. I didn't realize who I was dealing with until I decided to walk for 15 seconds. Seriously, just 15 seconds. I began running again to catch up with them but Kadyn had taken off. We were still a good ways from the finish line and that little girl was sprinting to the end! It was incredible. So proud of our awesome girls and the strength they possess inside and out!