Monday, March 25, 2013

Blessings in Baking

With the arrival of St. Patrick's Day, added to our exciting discovery of Pi Day, the Ballard family had some serious treat making to do. Mix in five wonderful families from our neighborhood whom we frequently gather with to enjoy food and fun conversation and we've got a party! It was a fantastic evening too. On a side note, individuals often ask me, "when do you have time to make all these goodies?" I started pondering that question myself and realized that the main reason I enjoy baking so much is because our kids do too. If I am in the kitchen, I'm never alone. It offers me countless opportunities to spend both group and alone time with everyone of our kiddos. What a true gift that has been (and will continue to be) for so many reasons! Alright, so Azure doesn't talk much yet, but she can ice and sprinkle a sugar cookie with the best of them.