Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ryley Turns Eleven

Our eldest turned 11 years old last week. To be honest, it's difficult for me to believe that Steven and I can even have an eleven year old child. Apparently, it's difficult for most everyone I pass in a grocery store as well, because comments like, "You've got your hands full", are inevitably followed by, "Girl, just how old are you?", or my personal favorite, "Are you their nanny?" Luckily, I'm not the nanny. I happen to be the proud Momma of these five amazing kiddos, the first of which made her appearance after 13 hours of labor and weighed in at 8lbs. 5oz. She cried for the following three weeks! (another story for another time) Our first night in the hospital was spent with Steven attempting various rocking and bouncing methods, all of which failed miserable. After hours of numerous attempts he looked at me and said, "I just wish I knew why she is all riled up?" We stopped, smiled at one another, and immediately knew that our first little angel would be a perfect "Ryley". She is a fantastic daughter, an amazing sister, and is growing up (to quickly) into a wonderful young lady. We love her smarts (thanks Dad), her humor (thanks Mom), and her true talent of loving and accepting everyone no matter what. She knows who she is, and thus, when comments are made as she wears Capri's with her favorite pair of boots her response would be, "No biggie. I'm comfy, I'm happy, let's go play"!  Happy Birthday Ryley! We love you tons kid!