Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Time (Week 6)

Last week was one of "shakin' things up" a bit for the Ballard family. For starters, we decided to try a new pool located just down the street. I think the kiddos really enjoyed it, but I have hunch that the wave pool at our usual location would keep them at #1 if voting for favorite features. A few days later I was "shakin' up" again when I dropped Ryley and Kadyn off at the pool to enjoy a day in the sun with their good friend. Her nanny (who I know well) was watching over them for the afternoon. I mention this because it was one of those moments (for me) when you realize your kids are growing up on you. They are maturing and getting old enough to venture off and enjoy activities with their friends. Even though they had adult supervision, it was so weird that the supervision provided wasn't me
We also had a great evening at our favorite park and, of course, we couldn't leave St. Louis without visiting the zoo for their opening day of a brand new sea lion exhibit. We went in an hour before the zoo closed and enjoyed a fairly empty exhibit, plus, ended up hitting their evening feeding time. It was awesome.