Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Outings

Due to the fact that our hubbies are amazing, I spent the weekend of my birthday enjoying a "girls outing" to Albuquerque. The entire time was filled with shopping, visiting, eating, and laughing with one sister from Utah, one brother who lives there, and my Mom. Liz and Rob had yet to meet little Azure, and that (along with the fact that she's the only Ballard who had yet to experience a sopapilla) made her accompanying me on this trip a must. She had a great time and took kindly to the major surplus of attention and kisses that awaited her. While the trip was great fun, I must admit that my heart broke as I walked into the airport and heard shouts of, "don't go Mommy" from the four I was leaving behind. I decided then and there that unless we're all together (with of course the exception of random getaways for hubby and I ) I'm just not where I want to be, and honestly, who shouldn't be where they want to be. I am more than excited to have returned to my beautiful little family and be surrounded once again with their kisses, hugs, and laughter.