We started with PINK chocolate chip pancakes and PINK scrambled eggs. Thatcher gave it his best shot, but colored food is apparently a bit too much for him to handle. Dinner consisted of normal colored hamburgers, RED jello, and PINK smoothies, all served on RED heart plates and PINK napkins. We also had RED chocolate covered strawberries drizzled with white chocolate (which by the way are SO simple to make - so don't buy them and I'll post how to do it). I believe Azure enjoyed those chocolate strawberries to the fullest (see pic below). Steven has always been in charge of Valentines and has never failed to impress. He returned home with double chocolate ice cream and the newest (and funnest) member of our family...Uno Roboto. We also had some lovely days at the park and squeezed in a great movie, "The Secret World Of Arrietty".
Valentines has and always will be one of my very favorite holidays. I LOVE the love and kindness that you see and witness all throughout the day. I was reading various quotes that morning and one in particular stuck out in my mind. It was shared by Thomas S. Monson who I believe read it on the wall of a relatives home. The plaque very simply stated, "Choose Your Love, Love Your Choice". I thought about that throughout the day, and while Valentines is a sweet holiday of kindness and love, my deep hope is to create a home in which that same mindful and abundant love is present in each and every day.





