Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fall Fun

There's something truly fantastic about leaves falling, pumpkins growing, and temperatures dropping to a cool 80 degrees. I'm not sure how anyone could be unhappy under those circumstances, which is probably why the kids happily endured a three hour scavenger hunt walking back and forth from one side of the zoo to the other. I was proud of their determination and resilience to complete the task, but I was ecstatic that they all had positive attitudes when their prize ended up being a tiny bag of candy. They were hungry and tired, yet, because of the effort put forth that bag of candy meant the world to them. I giggled to myself when our almost ten year old commented on the walk to the car, "Well, that was fun, but for such a small bag of candy, I wouldn't do it again." That's exactly what I had been thinking! Oh, they grow up so fast.