The best part of returning to the routine of school? Weekend time becomes so much more meaningful and fun! This past weekend Steven headed to the City Museum with the oldest three kiddos. We had heard this museum was amazing, but definitely created for older children. We figured that Thatcher was cutting it close at the ripe age of five but wanted to give it a shot. A few fun filled hours passed with no injuries until they all headed down the 10 story slide, at which time poor Thatch hyperextended his finger. Pride wounded, and one hand cradling the other, he was returned home for a rest. Steven handed off his wrist bands so the girls and I could return for a bit more fun. As we entered the building the girls kept asking questions like, "do you think you're as small as Dad? If you are, then you'll fit." Or my favorite, "I know Dad can fit....are you certain you can?" Out loud I was laughing, but inside I was thinking, "are you kiddin' me....I haven't been enduring the past 8 intense and seriously committed weeks of P90x for nothing! I better fit!"
Our plan of a few more hours turned into seven to be exact. It was by far the best "kids" museum we have ever been to and obviously one where both parent and child can be easily entertained. At the end of the day even I was disappointed to leave and didn't do so until we had gathered all the info needed to buy a membership for the year. While older children did seem to maneuver easier, younger children were also having a fantastic time. Luckily Thatcher's finger is fully healed and we are all excited to return asap. Alright, Azure didn't sayshe was excited, but I can see it in her eyes.
Our plan of a few more hours turned into seven to be exact. It was by far the best "kids" museum we have ever been to and obviously one where both parent and child can be easily entertained. At the end of the day even I was disappointed to leave and didn't do so until we had gathered all the info needed to buy a membership for the year. While older children did seem to maneuver easier, younger children were also having a fantastic time. Luckily Thatcher's finger is fully healed and we are all excited to return asap. Alright, Azure didn't sayshe was excited, but I can see it in her eyes.













