Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vacation Jubilation

Christmas break was amazing. Two weeks visiting family and friends in Utah and Denver has left us with grateful hearts for such wonderful moments with our loved ones, and, very depressed youngsters who long for more time with their cousins and grandparents. I guess vacations wouldn't be so meaningful if they were the constant in our lives, however, I must admit it's both sad and difficult to return to ones everyday routine. I was pondering this, with thoughts of sadness, on our drive home and then something happened. As I looked around the car at my sweetheart and our dear children my heart filled with gratitude. As sad as it is to leave fun moments behind, if I am with the 5.5 individuals that surrounded me in that van, I am happy and I am home.
New Years never tasted so good thanks to Kathryn, Rachel and Mom Ballard!

Our final day was spent tubing at Brian Head!
It was awesome!

Aunt Julia made us these travel bags for our trip home.
We were SO excited!