Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Short Sometimes Stinks

As we continue to learn the in's and out's of this beautiful town we can at least announce that every box is unpacked and every item set in it's place. After moving five times Steven and I have a pretty efficient system worked out. We tend to start with the toy room and add any additional forms of entertainment possible so that we have ample time to finish the rest of the home.

Steven built a monster tunnel with our first load of boxes and the kid's went nuts. We practically didn't see them for the first few days and when I started taking it apart this morning tears began to fall. I felt like the meanest Mom on earth. It's just, I wanted to see what the living room looked like. When I told them I would leave the boxes in the garage and have Dad set it up another day they were pacified. At least I know what their getting for Christmas now. Hey, why not!?

In addition, we took multiple breaks to check out the local parks and pools. We found a fantastic park with an huge splash pad attached just five minutes from the house. It was such a great set up I couldn't believe it was free.

We also tried out the new water park in town. It was a lot of fun, however, due to height restrictions the kiddos were banned from using a large amount of the facilities, i.e. slides, water trampoline. Even Ryley didn't meet the 48" rule but occasionally was able to slip by. After three hours we headed home with Kadyn and Thatcher in tears. They were tired of being turned away. I don't blame them. I explained they had the "curse" of short parents and if they were out of booster seats by age 12 they should consider themselves lucky. We past our great sprinkler park on the way home and all sorrows quickly faded - no height requirements there!

Steven's tunnel creation
He added even more to this end. It turned and went into the kitchen.
Inside the tunnels you could also find dead ends and various doors.