First, after viewing a news story that featured a beautiful nearby area currently blooming with fall colors, we decided to hop in the car and make the hour drive. While all nature is beautiful, we quickly realized the story must have been filler that had been taped several weeks previously. The leaves were at the end of their peak colors (to be honest- they were all brown and on the ground) and large amounts of rain had washed out two miles of the three-mile trail. Remind me next time to call the news station and check when the story was filmed. The kiddos, who are proving resilient in all of our last minute misadventures, loved the drive, the muddy walk, and the thousands of lady bugs that decided to visit (or rather infest) the woods that day- (honestly they were kind of scary aggressive). Thanks channel 5!

Next, Kadyn's kindergarten class, in conjunction with a fellow class across the hall, put on a wonderful play for Thanksgiving. It was so fun to see her perform and watch her individual personality come blazing through. I think that has to be one of my favorite parts of being a mother - watching each child blossom with their own unique strengths and talents. It's amazing to see. It was a great performance and concluded with a Thanksgiving feast for all.

Kadyn and Mrs. Welch (her amazing teacher)

They also took care of each child's individual shot, which helped me out tons seeing as I was eight weeks behind for Haley's and right on time for Ryley's. Now, I'm not only caught up with birthday pictures, I'm eight weeks ahead of schedule for Kadyn's! Yea. That never happens. I posted proofs below, but for our wall I had them crop all the pictures vertical and add a gentle black and white tone.



