Alright, I realize the above sounds as though I'm submitting an add to the "singles" section of a newspaper, but seriously, it's the time of year when your reminded daily how truly beautiful this earth is and how very lucky we are to be here.
It's so fun to sit outside while the kids play for hours on end. I love watching them play kick the can with neighborhood friends or fly down the hill in front of our house on their big wheels. I'm taken back to my own childhood when my only worry was completing the sharp turn into our drive way on my smurf big wheel or making sure I headed in when the lamp post began to flicker on. I think back to those wonderful memories and pray each day that we can be tools in offering our own children similar experiences of discovery and nostalgic moments to look back on.
While parenting is not quiet as footloose and fancy free, I think the joy of these moments are as equal, as you now have the pleasure of becoming the "spectator" and watching your own children experience all the wonders of childhood. How awesome is that - I'm not sure it could get any better!